Kathy Briant Books — Shannon’s Story: The Death of a Daughter by Suicide (coming soon.)
Shannon’s mom Kathy Briant has written a little book “106 Ways to Deal with Grief”, full of short, easy to understand statements – nuggets of wisdom and comfort for those dealing with the worst experience in anyone’s life – the death of a loved one. Going through the agony of losing a daughter and the resulting grief that occurred, now Kathy wants to help others. Wonderful for someone in grief and great for those who want to understand the grieving person. If you don’t know what to do for someone grieving, buy them this book!
Available for purchase at Dalhousie Chapters, Signal Hill Indigo, both Self Connection Books (Bowness and Willow Park) locations, Soul Food Books Etc. in Calgary (213-19 Street N.W.), and Bentley’s Books in Cochrane. Also available for purchase online on Kathy’s website and on Amazon.ca.
Kathy’s upcoming book signings:
• Saturday November 19, 1–5 p.m. at Chapters, Dalhousie
• Sunday November 20, 12–4 p.m. at Coles, Market Mall
• Sunday, November 27, 12–6 p.m. at Chapters, Chinook Centre
• Wednesday November 30, 7–8:30 p.m. Grief and the Holidays talk and presentation by Kathy Briant, Homestead Building, Cochrane, 209 Second Ave W. To register or for more information contact 403-851-6100.
Getting through the holiday season may be difficult for those who have experienced the death of a loved one. Participants will explore practical ways to approach the holidays. Offered in partnership with Alberta Health Services – Cochrane Addiction and Mental Health Clinic and Cochrane FCSS.
• Thursday December 1, 7–8:30 p.m. Author Talk at the Cochrane Library (Nan Boothby Memorial Library, 405 Railway Street Cochrane.) To register, please call the library (403) 932-4353.
Kathy will talk about how she came to write the book, “106 Ways to Deal With Grief” after the death of her daughter, Shannon by suicide, what it contains and who it is designed to help. Books will be for sale and some of Shannon’s art and cards will be available to view.
Mental Illness and Mental Health Links:
Photography, Art and Print Media Links: